Please follow the below instructions to connect your Cortex machine to the Wattbike AtomX:
- Open MetaSoft toolbox - this section allows you to create device configurations.
- Go into Test Equipment > Device Configurations > Select Device Configuration > Bicycles > select Wattbike PT1 and drag and drop it into the configuration > in the drop-down menu select the serial number of the Wattbike.
- Click ‘Check Connection’. If the connection is unsuccessful, restart the AtomX touchscreen and disconnect any other Bluetooth devices that might be connected to the AtomX.
- Re-configure the Wattbike again as stated above and click ‘Check Connection’. The small tool icon underneath the Wattbike connection should turn green.
- If the above doesn’t work, go into Device Configurations and add ‘New’.
- Select Bicycles > select Wattbike and drag and drop it > in the drop-down menu select the serial number of the Wattbike.
- Next, select ‘CPET devices’, and add your Cortex Metalyzer CPET device.
- Click ‘check connection’ and make sure the tool icon is green. If you are still having issues with the connection, please see the section below titled "troubleshooting".
- Add any other accessories you’d like to connect under ‘Accessories’.
- Open Metasoft Studio
- Select your desired Workflow in Metasoft Studio.
- Under ‘Device Configuration’ on the right within the workflow - check the connection again to make sure everything is working. Look for a green connection.
- Then, create your protocol, and press start. The minimum increase is 5 watts for ramp protocols, and the minimum start point is 40 watts.
- The AtomX’s Performance Touchscreen will start a Quick Ride session and automatically use Ergo mode.
Please note: when connected to the AtomX, the Cortex machine will control the resistance automatically. You can use your Cortex machine with any of our other Wattbikes, but the resistance will need to be controlled manually
Troubleshooting/things to keep in mind
- If you switch from ergo mode to gear mode during a protocol, the software will automatically take you back to the original protocol increments. If you need to make adjustments to the protocol, we recommend that you make the necessary adjustments within the Test Control portion of the software.
- For desktop computers, you will need a Bluetooth receiver (B.T 4.0 or above) to ensure a good connection.
- If you are having trouble establishing a connection, please ensure that you disconnect all previous Bluetooth connections from the AtomX under Advanced Settings, and from your computer. Remove the Wattbike and the metalyzer from the device configuration in MetaSoft toolbox, and then re-add them prior to connecting to the Wattbike again.
- Windows 8 will not work to run MetaSoft Studio or MetaSoft Toolbox.
- You need to have the most recent software version of MetaSoft Studio, which is version 5.12.0.
Article is closed for comments.